Connor Sport Court International Celebrates 75 Years of March Madness with the Final Four® Floor Tour
4 years ago
Connor Sport Court International Celebrates 75 Years of March Madness with the Final Four® Floor Tour The 8th Official Final Four® Floor makes tour stops along the way to the Georgia Dome
AMASA, MICHIGAN—March 15, 2013—Connor Sport Court International will celebrate 75 years of March Madness with the 2013 Final Four® Floor Tour. Connor Sport Court International, the official floor of the NCAA® Final Four®, will transport the game floor from their manufacturing plant in Amasa, Michigan to one of their finishing facilities, Praters, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta for the Final Four®. Praters is the official finishing partner of the Final Four®. Each tour stop will feature entertainment and activities, including a photo opportunity with a replica of center court, basketball shoot offs, free swag and more.
This year marks the eighth year that Connor Sport Court International has produced the floor for the NCAA® Final Four® tournament and the fifth Final Four® Floor Tour. Connor Sport Court International is proud to celebrate 75 years of March Madness alongside the NCAA. “We look forward to participating in the NCAA® Final Four® every year,” said Ron Cerny, President and CEO of Connor Sport Court International.”The Floor Tour has grown each year and we enjoyinteracting with the enthusiastic basketball fans at each stop.”
This year, the Final Four® Floor Tour is scheduled to make the following stops:
- UTC Chattanooga—Monday, March 25th at 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. located on UTC’sCampus
- Dalton State—Monday, March 25th at 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. located on Center Campus
- Mercer—Tuesday, March 26th at 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. located by Mercer’s Athletic Complex
- CBA Sports—Wednesday, March 27th 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at CBA Sports Headquarters: 3115 Medlock Bridge Road Norcross, GA 30071
- Georgia State—Thursday, March 28th at 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. located on Gilmer Street nearHurt Park
- Arrival at Georgia Dome—Friday, March 29that 8:00 a.m. located at the Georgia Dome
Connor Sport Court will also supply the court for the 2013 Women’s Final Four® on April 7-9, 2013.
Connor Sport Court International builds the portable floor for installation at the Final Four® venues each year. The NCAA® Final Four® courts for both men and women are manufactured from the best premium hard maple. A few weeks prior to the Final Four® tournament, the floor is constructed, inspected and then disassembled at the Amasa plant. The floor will then be sent to one of the company’s finishing partners in Chattanooga, TN before the floor is loaded up for the tour and delivered to the Georgia Dome.
Read Release HERE